Thursday, August 11, 2011

Gluten Free Easy Dinner - Day-to-day living!

Okay, so I am cooking dinner as I am typing! There ARE quick and easy ways to eat healthy and enjoy WITHOUT slaving away in the kitchen!! Every now and then I BUY sauce or meat from a great Italian Restaurant by me. I told this restaurant about my disease and they are actually more than accommodating. Sometimes I bring in my own GF Rice Noodles and they will make them for me with any of their menu items. You should try this too! You would be surprised at how many places will accommodate you...but be careful since you are not back in the kitchen to watch for cross contamination so make sure you trust the cooks where you go!

Today, I decided to cook a quick meal at home. I love relaxing in my living room and watching a movie while enjoying a nice glass of wine and pasta! So what's cooking tonight?? It started by me buying a quart of Bolognese from the great Italian Restaurant I mentioned above. Right now I am sauteing some hot peppers and adding the sauce with them while cooking up some Gluten Free noodles!

It is easy, tastes great and the total cost for 4 servings (and these are actually very nice servings) was $18.19 so $4.55 per person for a very nice hearty dinner!

I purchased the peppers and pasta from Krogers. The pasta I used is listed below with details!

PRODUCT: Spiral Pasta
BRAND: DeBoles Gluten Free Rice Spirals
PRICE: $2.19
OUTCOME: The pasta made the water white and creamy and the pasta seemed to go from raw to overcooked and mushy! This is obviously not ideal!! I do have other pastas that I love and come out great! But I am okay with this result since I am mixing it with an amazing Bolognese and sauteed peppers so it actually turned out fine. If pasta was the main aspect of this meal I would not recommend this. Price wise though it is amazing!

Okay - meal is done and I am off to enjoy with a nice glass of petite syrah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home