Thursday, August 4, 2011

Gluten "FREE"

FREE: Not obstructed, restricted or impeded; not subject to government regulation; enjoying personal freedom: not subject to the control or domination of another; made, done or given voluntarily or spontaneously.

All of the above are definitions of "FREE" from the meriam-webster dictionary online. Now anyone that is currently Gluten Free or is in the process of adjusting their lifestyle to remove Gluten, I would think we can all agree that these definitions of "FREE" do not go hand in hand with Gluten.

I decided to start this Blog because I found myself spending $50 on one bag of groceries and not even knowing what I really bought or if it was going to be any good. I can tell you that there are amazing options today that were not here even 2 years ago! This being said, I needed to create a place where I could take notes of the following in order to save when I have to spend! Does this product taste good? What can I do to create multiple meal options? How much am I spending? and Is it health conscious? I thought well I wrote my own notes, why not share them with people who are in the same boat as I am.
Gluten Free is not a choice for me, so it is pertinent that I figure out how to be a savvy shopper of products. Whether it is your choice or not I hope you find this blog not only valuable, but a good place to share any insight or suggestions you may have from experience. The whole point of this is to let you know how to save money and have fun eating Gluten Free!

The first product I would like to mention is:
PRODUCT: Pizza
BRAND: Kinnikinnick Personal Size Pizza
PRICE: $7.99 (cost in Plymouth, MI)
OUTCOME: I loved this product! It is only 496 calories per pizza crust and the $7.99 includes 4 crusts. I was able to create multiple meals with this product since I could create any pizza I wanted - healthy or not :) - as well as dessert or entree! I also found that the cost was reasonable because the cost was minimal considering it covered me for up to 4 meal! With sauce and toppings each meal was approx. $4 to $6 per meal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home